Michael Reed is an associate of Klafter Olsen & Lesser LLP and a member of the bars of New York and New Jersey. Mr. Reed comes to Klafter Olsen & Lesser LLP following a two-year clerkship with the Honorable William J. Martini, United States District Judge for the District of New Jersey. Before his clerkship, Mr. Reed spent three years as an associate for a major international law firm. During that time, Mr. Reed prosecuted a class action on behalf of Tennessee children fighting to preserve a consent decree governing Medicaid services. Mr. Reed has examined witnesses at trial, has taken and defended depositions, and has written briefs in both trial and appellate courts.
Mr. Reed graduated from Amherst College with a degree in physics magna cum laude with distinction. After college, Mr. Reed earned a master’s degree in history and philosophy of science from the University of Pittsburgh. Mr. Reed then graduated from New York University School of Law, where he served as a research assistant to Professor Linda Silberman focusing on private international law.
- “Overtime Developments in Westchester and Across the Country,” Westchester Lawyer Magazine (March 2017)
- “NJ Supreme Court: Choice of Law Issues to Be Decided on Defendant-by-Defendant Basis,” New Jersey Law Journal (January 16, 2017) (with Seth R. Lesser)
- “Choice-of-Law Clause and Borrowing Statute,” New York Law Journal (November 21, 2016) (with Fran L. Rudich)
- New York
- New Jersey
- United States Court of Appeals for the Second Circuit
- United States District Court for the District of New Jersey
- United States District Court for the Southern District of New York
- United States District Court for the Eastern District of New York
- United States District Court for the Western District of New York
- United States District Court for the District of Connecticut
- United States District Court for the District of Colorado
- United States District Court for the Western District of Tennessee